COMP FORM RESOURCES
Index of creative coding resources, tools, and communities.
Full books you can read online, right now.
- The Nature of Code
- Dan Shiffman’s book on creative coding.
- Game Programming Patterns
- Clear, accessible guide to OOP patterns commonly used in game development.
- The Book of Shaders
- Excellent—though unfinished—introduction to full-screen shader programming.
Tutorial sites i’ve returned to repeatedly.
- Red Blob Games
- Tutorials on game development, including pathfinding, hex grids, and more.
- Catlike Coding
- Tutorials on creative coding, shaders, and game topics using Unity.
- Here Dragons Abound
- Extensive project blog for epic generative fantasy map project.
Lectures, code streams, and visual essays.
- The Coding Train
- Dan Shiffman’s YouTube channel on creative coding.
- YouTube channel on math. The linear algebra series is very good, and very useful for creative coders.
- Freya Holmér
- YouTube channel on math and game coding.
Books that are worth space in your apartment.
- Code as Creative Medium
- Creative coding teachinga and learning guide.
- Generative Design
- Coding manual meets coffee table book. Beautiful.
- Survey of significant works in creative coding.
- Shader Toy
- Write, share, and discover full-screen shaders.
Collection of creative technology projects.
- Creative Applications
- Showcase of creative coding and physical computing projects.