Week 1, Introduction + Tiles
Students will be able to:
- Discuss the course content and structure
- Understand homework expectations
- Set up account and begin using the class sketch site
- Begin exploring the value of a daily sketching routine
- Begin discussing the role of procedural generation in creative work
- See examples of procedurally generated form in a variety of media
- Compare types of edge-matched tile graphics
- Create and use an edge-matched tile toolkit
- Explore the relationship between tools, authors, and artworks
- Comp Form stationary
- Blank tile kits
||Randomly Generated by Abundant-Music
||What Computational Form Is
||About This Class + Homework Expectations
||Class Introduction Activity
||Tile Sets Lecture
||Tile Sets Workshop
||Set up Sketch Blog Accounts + Post
Class Introduction Activity
Who are you people? What are we doing here?
pairs, 5 Minutes
- Introduce yourself to your partner. Learn their name and one interesting thing about them.
- Compare your syllabus questions.
- Note which questions you have in common.
- Note which questions have been answered in class already, which have not.
- Identify the most important unanswered question, if you have any.
class, 15 minutes
- Introduce your partner in exactly one sentence that includes their name and one interesting thing about them.
- Ask your most important unanswered syllabus question.
- Livecoding Firesides! What Night?
- New Exploration Options! Microgames + Machine Learning + Simulation! Which One?
- Combining Random + Noise. Vote!
- Limited Spots open for Shader Crash Course. Sign Up!