Week 12, Sound
Students will be able to:
- Consider the relationship between the physical world, computers, and our senses.
- Describe how the structure of our eyes and ears leads us to perceive light and sound differently.
- Discuss how our senses shape our understanding of the world and impact the design of technology.
- Use the p5.js Sound library to play and manipulate sound assets.
- Use the p5.js Sound library to visualize sound.
- Lego Motors, Croc-clips
- IR Plastic, IR Camera, Laptop
- Lego Motors, Bateries, LEDs
- Lego Motors, Bateries, Speakers
- After Class Workshop Next Friday
- Calculate your grade. Total posts as of today. Divide by 10. Subtract 1.
- Please fill out survey. Survey
|3:50||30 m||Engage||Activity||Homework Review|
|4:20||20 m||Study||Lecture||Carefully Arranged Sand and Lightning|
|4:40||20 m||Study||Lecture||Light + Vision|
|5:00||20 m||Study||Lecture||Sound + Hearing|
|5:20||20 m||Study||Lecture||Vision vs. Hearing|
|5:50||10 m||Study||Lecture||02 Playing Sound with p5.js|
|6:10||10 m||Study||Lecture||04 Visualizing Sound with p5.js|
Did working with text feel different than working with images?
Choose a project that feels unlike the others.
Choose a project that is useful. What is the use?
Choose a work where the presentation strongly supports the text.
Review this week’s challenge responses. Choose a response that feels like it may have been written by a human.
Review this week’s challenge responses. Choose a response that feels like it certainly was not written by a human.