Week 8, Vector Data
Students will be able to:
- Understand essential differences between raster and vector graphics
- Consider the relationship between form and meaning.
- Explore advantages of exporting vector data from a procedural generator
- Use Paper.js and PaperScript
- Understand retained mode and immediate mode graphics
|20||4:30||Activate||Code||Pixel Writing Challenges|
|10||4:50||Study||Code Lecture||Challenges Discussion|
|20||5:00||Activate||Code||Pixel Processing Challenges|
|10||5:20||Study||Code Lecture||Challenges Discussion|
|25||5:45||Activate||Code||setQuick + Grass Example Live Code|
|20||6:10||Study||Lecture||Vector vs Raster|
|1||Alyssa, Carla, Dahee
Choose a work that was very clearly made using turtle graphics.
|2||Max, Aakanksha, Patricia
Choose a work that uses turtle graphics, but doesn’t look “turtley”.
|3||Sue, Julian, Madison
Choose a work that is well “framed”.
|4||Earl, Ting, Bella
This week several sketches used dense lines to create form. Choose one of these to discuss.
|5||Patrick, Leah, Mario
Choose your favorite challenge response. Discuss.
|6||Jack, Rik, Kirsten
Which work got the most 😂 + 😍 + 🤓. Discuss.